WWE’s latest main event is happening on Thursday as the 2019 instalment of ‘Crown Jewel’ takes place at the King Fahd International Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The show officially begins at 1 p.m. because of the time zone difference.
The show will include a one-hour kickoff show on WWE’s YouTube and social media platforms. Unlike the previous Saudi events, the show features no legends entering the ring this time such as The Undertaker, Goldberg, Shawn Michaels or Triple H. Instead; the show will be accentuated by big names from the world of combat sports stepping inside the squared circle.
Some of them include Cain Velasquez and Tyson Fury.
The show also includes three championship matches. Since WWE’s first event in Saudi Arabia in April 2018, no champion has lost their title at a Saudi event.
- WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez — Lesnar and Velaquez’s rivalry started in 2010 when latter easily defeated “The Beast” to become the UFC Heavyweight Champion. Velasquez made his debut with WWE during Friday Night SmackDown‘s FOX premiere on behalf of an injured Rey Mysterio. He easily defeated the newly-crowned WWE Champion.
- WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins vs Bray Wyatt (Falls Count Anywhere, Match Cannot be Stopped for Any Reason) — Although Wyatt was moved to SmackDown as part of the WWE Draft, his business with Rollins still isn’t over.
- Braun Strowman vs Tyson Fury — The unbeaten heavyweight boxing champion began a rivalry with Strowman when the “Monster Among Men” tossed Dolph Ziggler onto him during SmackDown’s FOX premiere.
- Team Hogan (Roman Reigns, Ricochet, Rusev, Ali and Shorty G) vs Team Flair (Randy Orton, Drew McIntyre, King Corbin, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Lashley) – Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair recently got into a heated debate on Raw over who the best wrestler of all time is. But since both men are too old to wrestle each other anymore, they’ve each assembled a team of five wrestlers to compete on their behalf.
- United States Champion AJ Styles vs Battle Royal Winner.
- Cesaro vs Mansoor
- 20-Man Battle Royal